Having clean safe drinking water, and being a good Steward is all our responsibility. Let us not forget
Flint, Michigan, and now Jackson, Mississippi. Clean drinking water is important to everyone, and that is why I am a candidate for Board Member Position #2 at Water District No. 1 of Johnson County, Kansas.
Check out the below information from the Mayo Clinic on why clean drinking water is so vital!Drinking water does more than just quench your thirst. It's essential to keeping your body functioning properly and feeling healthy.
Nearly all of your body's major systems depend on water to function and survive. With water making up about 60% of your body weight, it's no surprise what staying hydrated can do for you.Here are just a few examples of the ways water works in your body:
- Regulates body temperature
- Moistens tissues in the eyes, nose and mouth
- Protects body organs and tissues
- Carries nutrients and oxygen to cells
- Lubricates joints
- Lessens burden on the kidneys and liver by flushing out waste products
- Dissolves minerals and nutrients to make them accessible to your body
Learn more: https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/hometown-health/speaking-of-health/water-essential-to-your-body